Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! While you are all out firing up your grills, smokers, or outdoor cookers, check out these few links that made this week’s “Best Of” cut: Continue reading “Best Of: May 22-29”
Hope your weekend has gone well! Here are items that made my list of “stuff to read from last week”:
- Wilfred Reinke tells us about his experience at Southern Soul Barbecue (and makes quite a few of us jealous in the process).
- The owners of Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby, NC, extended an invitation to the Obamas for some BBQ. If the place is as good as advertised, the Obamas should take them up on the invitation.
- The Cookstons list out the Top 10 Reasons to Cook Competitively. Can’t argue with any of their reasons.
- Don’t forget to vote for my buddy Lionel in the Kingsford University contest. Info can be found here.
- And finally… guys, watch the video below for tips on what you can do for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.
Here are my picks for the “best of” from the previous week:
- For BBQ Restauranteurs, here is some free advice from Pigtrip.net. (Thanks to Kevin’s BBQ Joints for this find)
- I posted about this previously this week, but DivaQ gives us the Ultimate Bacon Jalapeno Sausage Super Fatty.
- It’s not a new episode, but EpicMealTime presents the Black Legend — 2 Girls, 1 Crepe.
- The BurgerPimp gives us a Reader’s Digest version of how he got into the business here.
- And in the “not BBQ or food” department, Dallas is experiencing a stripper shortage.
I’ve decided on Sundays to peruse through the blogs I follow and come up with a “Best of” for the previous week. So without delay, here is my pick for “best of” posts for this past week: Continue reading “This Past Week in “News””