With Father’s Day just around the corner, I thought about coming up with a top 10 list of gifts for that grill master in your family. However, after stepping back and taking a look, others have done a much better job. So rather than come up with a list of 4 or 5 items, let me suggest a few places to check out so that you can get lots of ideas! Continue reading “Top Father’s Day BBQ Gifts for 2012 – What Others Have to Say”
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I haven’t done one of these in quite some time, so let’s get going!
- Robyn Medlin Lindars is giving away a Thermapen!! Today (Dec. 18) is the last day to enter!! Details to enter are on her blog.
- Looking for a new Christmas carol to sing? Here are some lyrics pinned by DivaQ herself.
- I like mushrooms. I like Swiss. I LOVE BACON! So when I saw this recipe for Bacon-Onion Swiss Stuffed Mushrooms from Pig of the Month BBQ, I jumped for joy!
- Thanks to the Oshawa Ogre, this may be the only time you will ever catch me in 1970s style bell bottoms. Bet you didn’t know I had moves like that, huh?
- In the spirit of Time Magazine’s “Person of the Year”, Grilling with Rich is running a “BBQ Person of the Year” poll. Click here to cast your vote!
- Looking for a neat gadget to give that BBQer in your family? Check out this review of the Looftlighter!
- And finally, the Oshawa Ogre finally reveals his lifelong dream — he really wants to be a Broad. Check out this fun write-up about his experiences with the Burger Broads.
Most of you know that one of my favorite BBQ and grilling people on the Internet is Robyn Medlin Lindars, aka GrillGrrrl. She is a great source of information for tasty recipes that anyone can cook on their outdoor cooker. She is also running a contest Nov. 5-14 to giveaway one of these beauties: a Char-Broil “Big Easy” Oil-less Infrafred Turkey Fryer!
As you get ready to watch the Women’s World Cup final, take a few minutes and check out these interesting articles:
- Check out how our neighbors to the north of us do KCBS competitions, courtesy of this in-depth blog by Wilfred Reinke.
- We should all follow in the footsteps of the BBQ Grail and just say no to Subway’s BBQ pulled pork sub.
- Check out this post by Robyn Medlin Lindars (also known as Grill Grrrl — yes, that’s with 3 r’s) about how to do it cave man style… grilling steaks, that is.
- Wiener Schnitzel? Yes, please! This recipe is a guest post on The Dutchess Cooks courtesy of Doug and Biggi Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- What has the mad scientist/wizard of sauce Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ Sauce been up to lately? Check out his latest escapades here.
Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers and fathers-to-be out there! It’s a late night “Best Of” post for this week since my wife and I just returned home from the beach about 2 hours ago. Let’s see what happened this week… Continue reading “Best Of: June 12-19”