Happy 2017! We’re a month and change into the new year, and there already appears to be much going on in the world of grilling, BBQ, and all things related. Personally, it has been an eventful year so far! We’re slowly making our way west, so keep checking in to see where we are! Here are some things (more than five) that you may be interested in checking out: Continue reading “Five for Friday: Happy 2017 and Let’s Get Going!”
Happy Friday, everyone! We have been parked in Ennis, MT since the beginning of August. I’m firmly convinced this is God’s country out here.
Happy Friday from our current stop in Cody, WY! Here are some things to keep you entertained throughout the weekend:
- Filed under the “Can you really believe this” department: a Pinellas Park, FL resident was ordered to keep the smoke from his grill in his own backyard. I’ll bet he jumps right on that…
- Yet another “top 10 BBQ joints” list is out — this one is for NC BBQ joints. While some good names are on the list, there are some very glaring omissions. What do you think about it?
- Drink Wisconsibly describes the 50 states in the US as if they were patrons in a bar. It’s funny. True, but funny.
- Myron Mixon is interviewed on Chicago Reader. It’s a good read.
- And finally, if you need some BBQ video in your life, check out the BBQWithFranklin channel on YouTube.
Greetings from some corn field in the middle of Iowa! As we make our way west, here are some tidbits to keep you entertained throughout the weekend: Continue reading “Five for Friday: The “On the Road” Edition”
Happy Friday once again! If you were caught in the winter storm that hit this week, hopefully the thawing out process has begun. If not, here are five things to check out while you stay in and keep warm: Continue reading “Five for Friday: February 20, 2015”
Happy Friday the 13th! As you deal with your paraskevidekatriaphobia and avoid black cats and walking under ladders, here are five links to carry you through the weekend! Continue reading “Five for Friday: February 13, 2015”
It’s finally Friday again!! And here are five more articles / tidbits for your reading pleasure:
- The original Famous Dave’s in Hayward, WI burned to the ground early Monday morning. Here are reports from the Sawyer County Record and the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal.
- One writer talks about his experience judging at the Jack, along with what he considers the six weirdest rules about competition BBQ (KCBS style).
- There’s only a few days left to enter to win a Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer courtesy of Chris at NibbleMeThis.
- Scott Roberts tried Wendy’s new BBQ pulled pork sandwich. The results were predictable.
- And finally, Memphis in May is just over 6 months away. If you’re wanting to join a team, you should start thinking about it now. If you’re looking for a team, you should consider Too Sauced to Pork.
It’s been way too long since I’ve done a Five for Friday. So let’s get going! Here are five things that may interest you:
- If you’re going to be in Dallas, TX this weekend, you may want to check out Dia de los Puercos on Sunday afternoon. Sam Jones of Skylight Inn is bringing whole hog to beef country!
- Need a gift to send to that NC BBQ lover? Why not send them a North Carolina Barbecue Box from N.C. Made!?
- While this wasn’t from this week (it was from a month ago, in fact), here’s a very good op-ed piece from Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly about why Wendy’s “BBQ pulled pork” sandwich is making kittens cry.
- While I was judging at the Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship, Monk from the Barbecue Bros. was out and about at the festival. Check out the pics!
- And finally, it’s not BBQ-related (sort of), but this may have been the best picture from the 2014 World Series… Continue reading “Five for Friday: Five Cool Things I Saw This Week”
Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s a quick recap of some items from this past week that you may be interested in checking out.
- I’m super stoked that a good friend of mine will be making her debut on the Today Show! Robyn Medlin Lindars (you all know her from GrillGrrrl.com) will be on the show on Tuesday, July 29th during the 8pm hour. And to celebrate, she’s giving away a 22 1/2″ Weber kettle grill.
- Speaking of contests and giveaways, Shane at Draper’s BBQ is giving away a really awesome prize package consisting of a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Thermoworks ChefAlarm, Pap’s Beef Sticks, Draper’s BBQ sauce/rub, and an embroidered Draper’s BBQ team hat! The contest starts on the 25th at 5:30pm EST. You can find more details about the contest on the Draper’s BBQ website.
- Who remembers the Kickstarter campaign for The Great NC BBQ Map? Well they made their goal, and the maps are being printed as we speak. Kickstarter backers should start getting their goodies next week.
- Come out to the WNC BBQ Festival — also known as “Smokin’ in the Valley” — this weekend in Maggie Valley, NC. There’s a good chance you’ll see me there judging!
- Finally, I’m taking part in a contest courtesy of El Diablo Mustards and World Harbors Marinades and submitted pictures to their respective Facebook walls of some tasty pork I cooked up on a camping trip. If one of my pictures racks up the most likes, I’ll win $1,000 for the local food bank here in Charlotte (Second Harvest Food Bank). For those of you with Facebook account, you can go here and here to view the pictures I posted. Don’t forget to click “Like” on each of them! You can read more about the contest here.