I count myself fortunate to be able to live the lifestyle that I do. Between our RV travels and my work travels, I’ve been able to see a large portion of this country. During those travels, I have made it my mission to eat as much BBQ as I can to uncover the hidden gems. Sure, I could have made a list of the top BBQ joints in Texas. However, that’s a list that many others have done already numerous times. What I strive to find are the BBQ joints in the most unexpected places. So without further delay, here is my top 5 list of BBQ joints in places where you’d least expect them: Continue reading “My Top 5 BBQ Joints in Unexpected Places”
I hope that 2015 has been a banner year for all of you! It has definitely been an eventful one for the world of BBQ and for me personally. With 2016 just around the corner, let’s take a peek back at what 2015 brought us.
One week away from the Super Bowl. But you don’t need an excuse to fire up your grill or outdoor cooker. Just an opportunity. To help you get in the mood, check out these links I found just for you…
I’ve been terrible about keeping these going on a consistent basis. But there have been some really good articles that I have come across lately. Consider this my time to share these with you… Continue reading “Best Of: January 22, 2012”
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I haven’t done one of these in quite some time, so let’s get going!
- Robyn Medlin Lindars is giving away a Thermapen!! Today (Dec. 18) is the last day to enter!! Details to enter are on her blog.
- Looking for a new Christmas carol to sing? Here are some lyrics pinned by DivaQ herself.
- I like mushrooms. I like Swiss. I LOVE BACON! So when I saw this recipe for Bacon-Onion Swiss Stuffed Mushrooms from Pig of the Month BBQ, I jumped for joy!
- Thanks to the Oshawa Ogre, this may be the only time you will ever catch me in 1970s style bell bottoms. Bet you didn’t know I had moves like that, huh?
- In the spirit of Time Magazine’s “Person of the Year”, Grilling with Rich is running a “BBQ Person of the Year” poll. Click here to cast your vote!
- Looking for a neat gadget to give that BBQer in your family? Check out this review of the Looftlighter!
- And finally, the Oshawa Ogre finally reveals his lifelong dream — he really wants to be a Broad. Check out this fun write-up about his experiences with the Burger Broads.
Fall has arrived! Cooler temperatures are here, but that doesn’t mean the end of BBQ for this year. In fact, it continues on stronger. Here are some tidbits to keep you occupied while you cheer your team on to victory! Continue reading “Best Of: Pigskin Edition”
Here is some good reading for you for this Labor Day Weekend!
- In case you’ve been hiding under a rock somewhere, the draw has taken place for the Jack Daniels 23rd Annual World Championship Invitational BBQ. BBQ Backyard has posted a list of the qualifiers. Congrats to all who were selected!
- I normally don’t post reviews to a review of a cleaner, but wait until you see what Cyndi Allison is cleaning…
- Check out this great interview from Grilling With Rich with Shane Draper, one of the up-and-coming superstars on the BBQ circuit.
- If you’re not sure how to trim that big rack of spare ribs down to a St. Louis style cut, check out this video from Nibble Me This.
- And finally, here is a first-person perspective from Kevin Sandridge of The BBQ Smoker Site on what it was like to judge a Sam’s Club regional.
Geez, it’s been hot! Hope you’re all staying cool. Here are a few links to check out to keep you out of this ridiculously hot and steamy weather:
- Robyn Medlin Lindars (affectionately known as GrillGrrrl) explains what the big deal is about the reverse sear with this recipe.
- Paul Height of No Excuses BBQ cooks up some beautiful ribs, now that he has plenty of time to do so.
- Two of my favorite people are tag teaming to run a contest. Check out this blog post on how you can enter to win a really sweet Draper’s BBQ gift set courtesy of Kevin’s BBQ Joints.
- And to toot my own horn, I survived my first pseudo-catering gig…
As you get ready to watch the Women’s World Cup final, take a few minutes and check out these interesting articles:
- Check out how our neighbors to the north of us do KCBS competitions, courtesy of this in-depth blog by Wilfred Reinke.
- We should all follow in the footsteps of the BBQ Grail and just say no to Subway’s BBQ pulled pork sub.
- Check out this post by Robyn Medlin Lindars (also known as Grill Grrrl — yes, that’s with 3 r’s) about how to do it cave man style… grilling steaks, that is.
- Wiener Schnitzel? Yes, please! This recipe is a guest post on The Dutchess Cooks courtesy of Doug and Biggi Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- What has the mad scientist/wizard of sauce Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ Sauce been up to lately? Check out his latest escapades here.
Whew! It’s a hot one here in the Carolinas here this weekend. Hope all of you being hit with the heat are staying cool and hydrated. If not, take a few minutes, cool off, and check out some of these stories… Continue reading “Best Of: Independence Day Edition”