I have to say that this year really has been quite the year. We’ve started our second year of living the RV life, and so far so good. I can’t say it’s been without its challenges…
A lot has happened since my last blog post on here. Let’s hit the highlights:
- I judged at 2 great KCBS contests in Montana — the Montana BBQ Cookoff in Absarokee and the Carnivores Classic in Missoula. I highly recommend both of these contests and hope to be back to both in 2017.
- I scratched another item off my BBQ bucket list — judging at the American Royal! Originally I was only accepted for the Open and the Open Sides, but I was fortunate to also get in to the Invitational!
- We made our trek back east and south for the winter. If anyone is interested in seeing how we went, here’s a map.
Judging at the American Royal was nothing short of awesome! There are always some fun stories that come out of it. Also amazing was Operation BBQ Relief’s party at the Royal, PigAPalooza! I was able to get around and get lots of pictures, and here they are!
But anyway, enough of the reminiscing on this summer. Let’s get right to the point. I’m giving away a bunch of my favorite BBQ things for the holiday season!! Here are the list of items one lucky person will win:
- The super-fast Thermapen Mk4! Rotating backlit display while keeping the same super-fast temperature readings you’ve come to know/love.
- Rub/sauce combo from Grilla Grills. This offering has taken the rub and sauce market by storm. With a great flavor balance and versatility, you’re sure to be pleased!
- A copy of Diva Q’s Barbecue: 195 Recipes for Cooking with Family, Friends, & Fire. This book is a must-have on your BBQ bookshelf with numerous recipes and stellar photos!
- A bottle of Ubon’s Bloody Mary mix. Starting as a concept developed by pitmaster Garry Roark over 20 years ago, this Bloody Mary mix combines the traditional Bloody Mary flavors with Ubon’s BBQ sauce to make your tastebuds dance.
- Two packs of Mojobricks Bar-B-Qubes. An eco-friendly compressed wood product that gives you a beautiful wood smoke flavor.
- And finally, a $20 Amazon gift card. Because while it’s not cold hard cash, it’s as close as you’ll get!
In addition, two other lucky people will receive a ThermoPop from ThermoWorks!
I love giving people multiple chances to win, so the widget below shows all the ways you can enter and win. And for the fine details… This contest ends on Thursday at 11:59:59pm EST and is open only to US residents. Winners have 24 hours after being notified to claim their prize, or a new winner will be chosen in his/her place Good luck!