When I was at Memphis in May last year, a group of us had lunch at Memphis Barbecue Co. in Horn Lake, MS just before I had to fly back to NC. I was very impressed with the quality of food there. Imagine my excitement when I find out that world champion BBQ pitmasters Melissa Cookston and John Wheeler decide to open a location here in North Carolina. There was one slight problem – the new location is in Fayetteville, about 2 hours and 40 minutes away from me. This past weekend, my wife bribed me with a trip to Memphis Barbecue Co. in Fayetteville if I tagged along with her to some yarn & fiber shops. Lesson here: feed me, and I’ll do pretty much anything you want. So let’s check out Memphis Barbecue Co.!
Hope your weekend has gone well! Here are items that made my list of “stuff to read from last week”:
- Wilfred Reinke tells us about his experience at Southern Soul Barbecue (and makes quite a few of us jealous in the process).
- The owners of Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby, NC, extended an invitation to the Obamas for some BBQ. If the place is as good as advertised, the Obamas should take them up on the invitation.
- The Cookstons list out the Top 10 Reasons to Cook Competitively. Can’t argue with any of their reasons.
- Don’t forget to vote for my buddy Lionel in the Kingsford University contest. Info can be found here.
- And finally… guys, watch the video below for tips on what you can do for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.