I’m going to approach this restaurant review a little different. A lot of times I will go on and on and on into great elaborate detail about a restaurant. This one, however, I will keep short and sweet. Because, quite frankly, pictures speak more than words…
As a writer, sometimes you plan and plan and plan for long periods of time on an idea that you want to put down on paper (or blog, as this case may be). And sometimes, ideas just come up all of a sudden. So when I saw my good friend Greg Talley (the brains behind Sam Dog BBQ) post pictures from Southern Soul Barbeque, I asked him if he would be willing to write a review on it. Even though it was a very last-minute thing, he was gracious enough to do so. Check out Greg’s review!
We’ve all made it halfway through the week! WOOHOO!! To help you get through the rest of the week, here’s the scoop on some contests currently going on… Continue reading
Hope your weekend has gone well! Here are items that made my list of “stuff to read from last week”:
- Wilfred Reinke tells us about his experience at Southern Soul Barbecue (and makes quite a few of us jealous in the process).
- The owners of Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby, NC, extended an invitation to the Obamas for some BBQ. If the place is as good as advertised, the Obamas should take them up on the invitation.
- The Cookstons list out the Top 10 Reasons to Cook Competitively. Can’t argue with any of their reasons.
- Don’t forget to vote for my buddy Lionel in the Kingsford University contest. Info can be found here.
- And finally… guys, watch the video below for tips on what you can do for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, best of, C-Dubs BBQ Rub, Charlotte NC, Democratic National Convention, fatty, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Obama, sausage, Southern Soul BBQ, weekly posts
My good friend Kevin from Kevin’s BBQ Joints has partnered up with Southern Soul BBQ to give away a whole bunch of sweet stuff! Southern Soul BBQ has been featured on Season 2 of BBQ Pitmasters as well as Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The total prize package is worth $115 and includes 3 bottles of BBQ sauce, 2 jars of BBQ rub, and other awesome gear!