[tweetmeme source=”brownkw” only_single=false]
For those of you keeping up with the competition circuit, you’re probably aware of the Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour. Sam’s Club has partnered with KCBS in putting on a BBQ tournament. Teams compete in 25 local and regional contests throughout the country for the opportunity to travel to Bentonville, AR to compete in a national contest. With over $400,000 in total prize money dispersed at all of the events, many teams jumped at the chance to enter.
Here is some good reading for you for this Labor Day Weekend!
- In case you’ve been hiding under a rock somewhere, the draw has taken place for the Jack Daniels 23rd Annual World Championship Invitational BBQ. BBQ Backyard has posted a list of the qualifiers. Congrats to all who were selected!
- I normally don’t post reviews to a review of a cleaner, but wait until you see what Cyndi Allison is cleaning…
- Check out this great interview from Grilling With Rich with Shane Draper, one of the up-and-coming superstars on the BBQ circuit.
- If you’re not sure how to trim that big rack of spare ribs down to a St. Louis style cut, check out this video from Nibble Me This.
- And finally, here is a first-person perspective from Kevin Sandridge of The BBQ Smoker Site on what it was like to judge a Sam’s Club regional.