BBQ in Charlotte? That used to be the punchline to many a joke. Nowadays, however, BBQ is becoming more and more relevant here in the Queen City. So when I learned that my good friend Wilfred Reinke was coming through Charlotte, I intended to take him to one of the restaurants. Like all good plans, they change. The idea popped in my head for us to check out the newest BBQ restaurant in Charlotte — Queen City Q — and do a dual review. I asked another one of my good friends Steve Gibbs if he’d like to join us, and all of a sudden it became a three-headed review! Steve has already posted his review here, so please go and check it out! This is my take on Queen City Q… Continue reading
I’ve been terrible about keeping these going on a consistent basis. But there have been some really good articles that I have come across lately. Consider this my time to share these with you… Continue reading
As you get ready to watch the Women’s World Cup final, take a few minutes and check out these interesting articles:
- Check out how our neighbors to the north of us do KCBS competitions, courtesy of this in-depth blog by Wilfred Reinke.
- We should all follow in the footsteps of the BBQ Grail and just say no to Subway’s BBQ pulled pork sub.
- Check out this post by Robyn Medlin Lindars (also known as Grill Grrrl — yes, that’s with 3 r’s) about how to do it cave man style… grilling steaks, that is.
- Wiener Schnitzel? Yes, please! This recipe is a guest post on The Dutchess Cooks courtesy of Doug and Biggi Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- What has the mad scientist/wizard of sauce Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ Sauce been up to lately? Check out his latest escapades here.
Summer is in full swing, and so are all the great BBQ and grilling prize giveaways! So as a favor to you, here is a comprehensive list of BBQ and grilling prize contests and giveaways that I know of so far. Continue reading
Posted in Contests, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, BBQ rubs, BBQ sauce, contest, Draper's BBQ, giveaways, Grill Charms, Grill Grates, Grilling with Rich, Huck's Hut, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Man Up Texas BBQ, Oshawa Ogre
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! While you are all out firing up your grills, smokers, or outdoor cookers, check out these few links that made this week’s “Best Of” cut: Continue reading
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, BBQ Grail, Big Butz BBQ Sauce, DivaQ, Grilling Companion, Oshawa Ogre, plank cooking, rotisserie roast, weekly posts