I’m super excited to bring this giveaway to you! This contest features two of the hottest up-and-coming products on the BBQ competition circuit – Mojobricks ™ and Draper’s BBQ.
Here is some good reading for you for this Labor Day Weekend!
- In case you’ve been hiding under a rock somewhere, the draw has taken place for the Jack Daniels 23rd Annual World Championship Invitational BBQ. BBQ Backyard has posted a list of the qualifiers. Congrats to all who were selected!
- I normally don’t post reviews to a review of a cleaner, but wait until you see what Cyndi Allison is cleaning…
- Check out this great interview from Grilling With Rich with Shane Draper, one of the up-and-coming superstars on the BBQ circuit.
- If you’re not sure how to trim that big rack of spare ribs down to a St. Louis style cut, check out this video from Nibble Me This.
- And finally, here is a first-person perspective from Kevin Sandridge of The BBQ Smoker Site on what it was like to judge a Sam’s Club regional.
First off, I owe a huge “Thank you” to the companies who contributed giveaways to Big Wayner’s Birthday Blowout — C-Dub’s BBQ Rub, Draper’s BBQ, Willie’s Hog Dust, Uncle Kenny’s BBQ, and Pirate Jonny’s. Second, I want to thank everyone who entered the contest and made it a huge success! There were a grand total of 266 entries!! As much as I would love to give everyone some sort of prize, I only have one bundle.
When was the last time you got a gift for someone else’s birthday? Well if you are one lucky person, you will be getting quite a BBQ package for my birthday. My Birthday Blowout BBQ Bundle is worth approximately $35 and consists of the following: Continue reading “Big Wayner’s Birthday Blowout!”
Geez, it’s been hot! Hope you’re all staying cool. Here are a few links to check out to keep you out of this ridiculously hot and steamy weather:
- Robyn Medlin Lindars (affectionately known as GrillGrrrl) explains what the big deal is about the reverse sear with this recipe.
- Paul Height of No Excuses BBQ cooks up some beautiful ribs, now that he has plenty of time to do so.
- Two of my favorite people are tag teaming to run a contest. Check out this blog post on how you can enter to win a really sweet Draper’s BBQ gift set courtesy of Kevin’s BBQ Joints.
- And to toot my own horn, I survived my first pseudo-catering gig…
With the weekend coming to a close, here are a few must-read items from this past week as it pertains to the world of BBQ and grilling…
- Check out this guest post for Huck’s Hut written by Doug Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ on how to conquer that bane of every BBQ competition team’s existance: chicken.
- Jamaican Me Pineapple Burgers, you say? YA MON! BarBQBoozers shows you how!
- Kevin Sandridge of The BBQ Smoker Site is running a series on 4th of July BBQ Recipes written by guest bloggers. Of particular interest is this recipe for cherry smoked Atlantic salmon written by Shane Draper of Draper’s BBQ.
- And finally, this one time, at bacon camp…
Summer is in full swing, and so are all the great BBQ and grilling prize giveaways! So as a favor to you, here is a comprehensive list of BBQ and grilling prize contests and giveaways that I know of so far. Continue reading “Giveaways and Contests and Prizes Galore!”
Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers and fathers-to-be out there! It’s a late night “Best Of” post for this week since my wife and I just returned home from the beach about 2 hours ago. Let’s see what happened this week… Continue reading “Best Of: June 12-19”
First off, I want to thank Shane Draper at Draper’s BBQ for asking me to help him out with this contest. We had a good response to the contest with 63 entries! Most importantly, I want to thank all of you for entering the contest. Without you, this contest would have not been possible.
As you may know, there is a little giveaway going on right now on this blog, courtesy of Draper’s BBQ. Draper’s BBQ is offering up three great prizes for three different winners: Continue reading “Father’s Day Frenzy with Draper’s BBQ — Final Push”