Lexington, NC was the site for the finale for BBQ Pitmasters Season 3. This episode brought the winners from the previous 5 episodes together in the self-proclaimed BBQ Capital of the US to determine who would be the winner of the $50,000 prize as well as a spot in the Kingsford Invitational.
One week away from the Super Bowl. But you don’t need an excuse to fire up your grill or outdoor cooker. Just an opportunity. To help you get in the mood, check out these links I found just for you…
I’ve been terrible about keeping these going on a consistent basis. But there have been some really good articles that I have come across lately. Consider this my time to share these with you… Continue reading “Best Of: January 22, 2012”
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I haven’t done one of these in quite some time, so let’s get going!
- Robyn Medlin Lindars is giving away a Thermapen!! Today (Dec. 18) is the last day to enter!! Details to enter are on her blog.
- Looking for a new Christmas carol to sing? Here are some lyrics pinned by DivaQ herself.
- I like mushrooms. I like Swiss. I LOVE BACON! So when I saw this recipe for Bacon-Onion Swiss Stuffed Mushrooms from Pig of the Month BBQ, I jumped for joy!
- Thanks to the Oshawa Ogre, this may be the only time you will ever catch me in 1970s style bell bottoms. Bet you didn’t know I had moves like that, huh?
- In the spirit of Time Magazine’s “Person of the Year”, Grilling with Rich is running a “BBQ Person of the Year” poll. Click here to cast your vote!
- Looking for a neat gadget to give that BBQer in your family? Check out this review of the Looftlighter!
- And finally, the Oshawa Ogre finally reveals his lifelong dream — he really wants to be a Broad. Check out this fun write-up about his experiences with the Burger Broads.
With the Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue coming up, I want to take the time to highlight some of the teams that will be competing. First up is Canadian BBQ sensation DivaQ. Continue reading “Teams that Do Know Jack: DivaQ”
Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers and fathers-to-be out there! It’s a late night “Best Of” post for this week since my wife and I just returned home from the beach about 2 hours ago. Let’s see what happened this week… Continue reading “Best Of: June 12-19”
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! While you are all out firing up your grills, smokers, or outdoor cookers, check out these few links that made this week’s “Best Of” cut: Continue reading “Best Of: May 22-29”
For your entertainment pleasure, here are the “Best Of” articles for this week!
- Think sending flowers is just so cliche? Take it one step further and check out how to give that special someone you love a bouquet of bacon roses! (Article courtesy of Instructables)
- Ever wonder what BBQ joints make the “must-visit’ list of some of the world’s top pitmasters? Kevin Kelly of Kevin’s BBQ Joints gets the scoop on the must-visit BBQ joints according to Danielle Dimovsky (of DivaQ fame).
- And continuing along with Kevin’s BBQ Joints… Kevin is running another contest. This one has lots of goodies being given away courtesy of Meyer’s Elgin Smokehouse in Elgin, TX. Check it out!
- And in not-BBQ-related news, internet superstar Antoine Dodson was jailed on marijuana possession charges.
So yeah… I promise I’ll make a better attempt at doing my weekly “Best Of” posts. I’ve been battling a health issue that has been a nuisance. So without further delay, here are the posts I proudly deem the “Best Of” for this past week: Continue reading “Best Of: April 11-17”
I hope this list will give you at least a few minutes of entertainment value.
- Sex on the Beach with a Chicken? Say no more!
- Mad scientist and BBQ Saucier Tom Porter tells us how, with a wave of his hand, he turned tacos into jalapeño poppers.
- Larry Gaian of The BBQ Grail gives us a sneak peek into the BBQ Backyard, a new social network geared specifically towards the BBQ community.
- Next year for Valentine’s Day, do something a little different for your special someone than the usual stuff. For instance, Danielle Dimovski of DivaQ tells us about herValentine’s Meat Cake. *drool*