Back in February, the committee for the 2012 Democratic National Convention (in Charlotte, NC) launched a search for the best BBQ sauces to be named the official BBQ sauces of the 2012 Democratic National Convention. Thirty different submissions were received in three categories: tomato based, mustard based, and vinegar based. Submissions ranged from homemade BBQ sauces to nationally recognized brands. The standard used in judging the various sauces was based on the South Carolina BBQ Society score sheet, scoring on a scale from 1 to 20 in four different criteria: aroma, taste, after taste, and overall impression.
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.