Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.
Posted in Best Of, Just For Fun
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, best of, C-Dubs BBQ Rub, Charlotte NC, Democratic National Convention, fatty, Kevin's BBQ Joints, Obama, sausage, Southern Soul BBQ, weekly posts
On my ever-going search for good BBQ in Charlotte, I stumbled across a place close to my job called the Old Hickory House Restaurant. After reading a few reviews about it on Yelp, I decided to give it a shot. (Today’s pictures brought to you again by my crappy cell phone camera)
I often lament the lack of good quality BBQ joints here in the Charlotte, NC metro area. It really is a shame that in a city the size of Charlotte, the closest good BBQ joint is a 45-60 minute drive away. There were a couple of joints close to my previous employer that were okay, but they were nothing spectacular.
Posted in Product Reviews, Restaurants
Tagged barbecue, BBQ, BBQ Joints, Brisket, Charlotte BBQ Joints, Charlotte NC, Chicken, Fried Pickles, NC BBQ Joints, Pork, Ribs