With day 1 of Memphis in May in the books, it’s time to move on to day 2. The arrival this morning brought the delivery of the hogs to use for the whole hog cooking contest as well as the finishing of brisket for the beef turn-in.
[tweetmeme source=”brownkw” only_single=false]
Just wanted to share something really cool with you. A few weeks ago, I was asked by Brian of HotSauceWeekly.com if I would be interested in taking part in a BBQ Sauce Roundtable. Honestly, I was really surprised and flattered! I’ve been actively blogging since the beginning of this year, and having someone ask me to be part of a podcast was just really freakin’ cool!
As you get ready to watch the Women’s World Cup final, take a few minutes and check out these interesting articles:
- Check out how our neighbors to the north of us do KCBS competitions, courtesy of this in-depth blog by Wilfred Reinke.
- We should all follow in the footsteps of the BBQ Grail and just say no to Subway’s BBQ pulled pork sub.
- Check out this post by Robyn Medlin Lindars (also known as Grill Grrrl — yes, that’s with 3 r’s) about how to do it cave man style… grilling steaks, that is.
- Wiener Schnitzel? Yes, please! This recipe is a guest post on The Dutchess Cooks courtesy of Doug and Biggi Francis of Hogs Gone Wild BBQ.
- What has the mad scientist/wizard of sauce Tom Porter of Big Butz BBQ Sauce been up to lately? Check out his latest escapades here.
Whew! It’s a hot one here in the Carolinas here this weekend. Hope all of you being hit with the heat are staying cool and hydrated. If not, take a few minutes, cool off, and check out some of these stories… Continue reading “Best Of: Independence Day Edition”
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! While you are all out firing up your grills, smokers, or outdoor cookers, check out these few links that made this week’s “Best Of” cut: Continue reading “Best Of: May 22-29”
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time once again for this week’s “Best Of” in the world of BBQ and food!
- What do you get when you combine bourbon and ice cream? You get Hanneke Eerden (of The Dutchess Cooks) whipping up another dessert creation! Now I’m craving ice cream!
- The guys at Epic Meal Time are at it again. Three words: fast food lasagna.
- Larry at the BBQ Grail brings us spam sushi! Yes, I said it. Spam. Sushi.
- Finally, if you’re a fan of Pork Barrel BBQ sauce and live in the Mid-Atlantic region (Virginia/Maryland), you’re in luck! Pork Barrel BBQ sauce is now being sold in Costco stores in that region. Find out more details here.