DropboxOne of my favorite online services is Dropbox. This service allows me to seamlessly synchronize files between computers with 2 GB of online storage. And the beauty of all this... is that it's FREE! Click the link below to get started (and to get an extra 250 MB of online storage). Dropbox
Find me on Facebook!
It’s the #1 tool that I would recommend putting on your Christmas list if you don’t have one already. And if you have one already, I’d say get a second one for that special someone in your life. What is it? The Thermapen instant-read thermometer, of course!
It’s finally Friday again!! And here are five more articles / tidbits for your reading pleasure:
- The original Famous Dave’s in Hayward, WI burned to the ground early Monday morning. Here are reports from the Sawyer County Record and the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal.
- One writer talks about his experience judging at the Jack, along with what he considers the six weirdest rules about competition BBQ (KCBS style).
- There’s only a few days left to enter to win a Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer courtesy of Chris at NibbleMeThis.
- Scott Roberts tried Wendy’s new BBQ pulled pork sandwich. The results were predictable.
- And finally, Memphis in May is just over 6 months away. If you’re wanting to join a team, you should start thinking about it now. If you’re looking for a team, you should consider Too Sauced to Pork.
It’s been way too long since I’ve done a Five for Friday. So let’s get going! Here are five things that may interest you:
- If you’re going to be in Dallas, TX this weekend, you may want to check out Dia de los Puercos on Sunday afternoon. Sam Jones of Skylight Inn is bringing whole hog to beef country!
- Need a gift to send to that NC BBQ lover? Why not send them a North Carolina Barbecue Box from N.C. Made!?
- While this wasn’t from this week (it was from a month ago, in fact), here’s a very good op-ed piece from Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly about why Wendy’s “BBQ pulled pork” sandwich is making kittens cry.
- While I was judging at the Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship, Monk from the Barbecue Bros. was out and about at the festival. Check out the pics!
- And finally, it’s not BBQ-related (sort of), but this may have been the best picture from the 2014 World Series… Continue reading
Selections have been announced today for the 2014 Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue. This competition, affectionately known as “The Jack”, is an invitation-only contest that pits championship BBQ teams against one another on the grounds of the Jack Daniels distillery (“The Hollow”) in a cook-off to determine BBQ supremacy.
First off, to everyone who sent out thoughts and prayers for my mother as she had a very major surgery… I give my heartfelt thanks and gratitude. Her surgery was successful, and after a week’s stay in the hospital, she is finally back at home. It’s going to be a long recovery for her, but I know that she has the will to persevere.
Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s a quick recap of some items from this past week that you may be interested in checking out.
- I’m super stoked that a good friend of mine will be making her debut on the Today Show! Robyn Medlin Lindars (you all know her from GrillGrrrl.com) will be on the show on Tuesday, July 29th during the 8pm hour. And to celebrate, she’s giving away a 22 1/2″ Weber kettle grill.
- Speaking of contests and giveaways, Shane at Draper’s BBQ is giving away a really awesome prize package consisting of a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Thermoworks ChefAlarm, Pap’s Beef Sticks, Draper’s BBQ sauce/rub, and an embroidered Draper’s BBQ team hat! The contest starts on the 25th at 5:30pm EST. You can find more details about the contest on the Draper’s BBQ website.
- Who remembers the Kickstarter campaign for The Great NC BBQ Map? Well they made their goal, and the maps are being printed as we speak. Kickstarter backers should start getting their goodies next week.
- Come out to the WNC BBQ Festival — also known as “Smokin’ in the Valley” — this weekend in Maggie Valley, NC. There’s a good chance you’ll see me there judging!
- Finally, I’m taking part in a contest courtesy of El Diablo Mustards and World Harbors Marinades and submitted pictures to their respective Facebook walls of some tasty pork I cooked up on a camping trip. If one of my pictures racks up the most likes, I’ll win $1,000 for the local food bank here in Charlotte (Second Harvest Food Bank). For those of you with Facebook account, you can go here and here to view the pictures I posted. Don’t forget to click “Like” on each of them! You can read more about the contest here.
It’s been a while since I’ve put together a blog post. My wife reminded me that it had been 6 weeks. Wow… things got busy here! For starters, we are now the proud owners of a new travel trailer — a 23′ Keystone Passport ultra-lite. Nice and cozy… just the right size for the two of us and the two dogs.