I’ve been terrible about keeping these going on a consistent basis. But there have been some really good articles that I have come across lately. Consider this my time to share these with you… Continue reading
A few days ago, I saw an article on one of the blogs for the Charlotte Observer advertising Hog Butchering Day at Historic Brattonsville. Hog butchering? You’ve got my attention! So with not being sure what exactly to expect, I decided to make the (approximately) one hour trip from the outskirts of Charlotte, NC down to Historic Brattonsville. What I got was an experience…
Well… 2011 is in the book, and 2012 is upon us, staring us in the face! Happy New Year to everyone! I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you that read what I have to say. I can’t believe that it was nearly a year ago when all of this got started with a review of C-Dub’s Hot Wang Rub. It’s been a fun and crazy ride ever since!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I haven’t done one of these in quite some time, so let’s get going!
- Robyn Medlin Lindars is giving away a Thermapen!! Today (Dec. 18) is the last day to enter!! Details to enter are on her blog.
- Looking for a new Christmas carol to sing? Here are some lyrics pinned by DivaQ herself.
- I like mushrooms. I like Swiss. I LOVE BACON! So when I saw this recipe for Bacon-Onion Swiss Stuffed Mushrooms from Pig of the Month BBQ, I jumped for joy!
- Thanks to the Oshawa Ogre, this may be the only time you will ever catch me in 1970s style bell bottoms. Bet you didn’t know I had moves like that, huh?
- In the spirit of Time Magazine’s “Person of the Year”, Grilling with Rich is running a “BBQ Person of the Year” poll. Click here to cast your vote!
- Looking for a neat gadget to give that BBQer in your family? Check out this review of the Looftlighter!
- And finally, the Oshawa Ogre finally reveals his lifelong dream — he really wants to be a Broad. Check out this fun write-up about his experiences with the Burger Broads.
Santa Claus has connections in the BBQ world, and he’s coming early! At least he is for four lucky people…
To my American friends, Big Wayner’s BBQ Blog wants to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!!
Remember to be thankful for all that you have. I’m thankful that each of you have chosen to make me part of your online reading experience. I’m thankful to be able to interact with some great bloggers — people such as Wilfred Reinke, Larry Gaian, Hanneke Eerden, Steve Gibbs, Robyn Medlin Lindars, Kevin Sandridge, and Richard Wachtel.
So is this your first time to go to the Jack? It’s mine too! I’m seriously going to be like a kid at Christmas when I arrive. I have had this date circled on my calendar for quite some time now. Again, another big huge shout-out to my friend Jay Prince for allowing me to tag along on this trip.
This evening, I came across a tweet in my Twitter feed from Kevin Bobo of KLB’s BBQ Sauce promoting a giveaway of his “That’s Good Mustard” BBQ Sauce! I was lucky enough to win a bottle in his last giveaway, and I wanted to let you know about this one.
Did your competition BBQ team get picked to compete at the Jack Daniels World Championship this year? Are you good friends with a team that is going? I’d love to hear from you!
Earlier this week, my good friend Cyndi Allison of Yes You Can Grill asked me if I would be willing to be a judge this weekend for a chili cook-off. Of course! I would be more than happy to do so. Nevermind that I had never ever judged a chili contest in my life. I figured my experience as a BBQ judge would benefit me in how I approach this.