Happy Friday the 13th! As you deal with your paraskevidekatriaphobia and avoid black cats and walking under ladders, here are five links to carry you through the weekend! Continue reading
It’s finally Friday again!! And here are five more articles / tidbits for your reading pleasure:
It’s been way too long since I’ve done a Five for Friday. So let’s get going! Here are five things that may interest you:
- If you’re going to be in Dallas, TX this weekend, you may want to check out Dia de los Puercos on Sunday afternoon. Sam Jones of Skylight Inn is bringing whole hog to beef country!
- Need a gift to send to that NC BBQ lover? Why not send them a North Carolina Barbecue Box from N.C. Made!?
- While this wasn’t from this week (it was from a month ago, in fact), here’s a very good op-ed piece from Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly about why Wendy’s “BBQ pulled pork” sandwich is making kittens cry.
- While I was judging at the Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship, Monk from the Barbecue Bros. was out and about at the festival. Check out the pics!
- And finally, it’s not BBQ-related (sort of), but this may have been the best picture from the 2014 World Series… Continue reading
Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s a quick recap of some items from this past week that you may be interested in checking out.
- I’m super stoked that a good friend of mine will be making her debut on the Today Show! Robyn Medlin Lindars (you all know her from GrillGrrrl.com) will be on the show on Tuesday, July 29th during the 8pm hour. And to celebrate, she’s giving away a 22 1/2″ Weber kettle grill.
- Speaking of contests and giveaways, Shane at Draper’s BBQ is giving away a really awesome prize package consisting of a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Thermoworks ChefAlarm, Pap’s Beef Sticks, Draper’s BBQ sauce/rub, and an embroidered Draper’s BBQ team hat! The contest starts on the 25th at 5:30pm EST. You can find more details about the contest on the Draper’s BBQ website.
- Who remembers the Kickstarter campaign for The Great NC BBQ Map? Well they made their goal, and the maps are being printed as we speak. Kickstarter backers should start getting their goodies next week.
- Come out to the WNC BBQ Festival — also known as “Smokin’ in the Valley” — this weekend in Maggie Valley, NC. There’s a good chance you’ll see me there judging!
- Finally, I’m taking part in a contest courtesy of El Diablo Mustards and World Harbors Marinades and submitted pictures to their respective Facebook walls of some tasty pork I cooked up on a camping trip. If one of my pictures racks up the most likes, I’ll win $1,000 for the local food bank here in Charlotte (Second Harvest Food Bank). For those of you with Facebook account, you can go here and here to view the pictures I posted. Don’t forget to click “Like” on each of them! You can read more about the contest here.
I’ll keep this blog post brief. Today’s “Five for Friday” blog post is going to be five of my favorite Instagram photos from this week. If you aren’t following these people on Instagram, you should!
Happy Friday! Memphis in May has come and gone, and once again it was all that I would thought it would be and then some! Seeing old friends, making new ones, eating some righteous BBQ… you can’t go wrong with that!! Here are five (plus a few more) of my personal favorite pictures from Memphis in May!
The weekend is upon us! Before coasting into the weekend and firing up the grill or smoker, check out these five things you may have missed earlier this week: Continue reading
Today’s Five for Friday is a mini book review that should be on the shelves of grilling and outdoor cooking enthusiasts everywhere. I’ll outline five reasons why you should go out and purchase Grill to Perfection, and I’ll tell you how you can win your own copy! Continue reading
Today’s Five for Friday post is brought to you by a good friend of mine – Shane Draper of Draper’s BBQ. Shane will enlighten all of us about some misconceptions people have when it comes to being a small batch BBQ sauce/rub maker.