Hope everyone is having a good weekend! This blog post is going to be a quick one. Proud Piggy BBQ Sauce has a couple of promotional contests going on right now.
This weekend was an off weekend for me, so I decided to go and check out the 2012 BBQ Capital Cook-Off in Lexington, NC. This contest is about an hour from where I live. This contest featured 50 teams from all over the country (and the world, but I’ll get to that later).
This past Saturday was a day that I have had circled on my calendar for most of the winter so far. It was the day that this BBQ judge came out of hibernation and got to taste BBQ from some of the best BBQ competition teams in the region. This past Saturday was the 16th Annual Kings Mountain Firehouse BBQ Contest. Forty three teams from the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and other states participated in this contest. The weather was perfect for the competition (with the exception of a small shower that came down well after turn-ins were complete).
JUST UPDATED!!! Contest extended!
A lot of exciting things are going on with Draper’s BBQ! Shane has just launched his new online store, and he has just released his Moo’d Enhancer beef rub. Sounds like a reason to celebrate and do a giveaway! We’ve got a great prize for one lucky contestant!
Pictured above is Draper’s “Grand Champion” Rub and Sauce Pack. A $50.00 value, this bundle consists of the following:
- 1 gallon of Smokin’ Sauce
- 1 lb. of A.P. Rub
- 1 lb. of Moo’d Enhancer beef rub
- 1 stainless steel shaker
This giveaway uses Rafflecopter to record entries and the various ways to enter. Take a look at the Rafflecopter widget below for how to enter. Many ways to enter and win! As an added bonus, all entries will receive a coupon code for 20% off of your purchase (limit one per person). Everyone wins!
- US residents only.
- Contest runs until midnight EST on
April 11April 16th!
- Winner will be announced the next day.
- Winner must contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of announcement to claim the prize.
I’m super-excited this year to be invited to be a part of the Tucker Cooker team for the 2012 Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest! This will be my first time attending in Memphis in May in any sort of capacity. I know that this is a massive event, so I asked Ron Worby, pitmaster of Susquehanna Blue Smoke and member of the Tucker Cooker team, if he would come up with a guide to what fans need to know for Memphis in May. He was gracious enough to do so. So without further delay, here is Ron’s guide to what fan’s need to know for Memphis in May!
Hope the weekend is treating you well! Here are some contests and giveaways you may be interested in entering:
- Derek from The “Q” Review has teamed up with Uncle Kenny’s BBQ to give two lucky winners a prize package consisting of 3 sauces and 2 rubs. Details on how to enter can be found on The “Q” Review. This contest ends tomorrow (3/25/2012) at 8:00pm EST.
- Kevin from KLB’s BBQ Sauce is running a giveaway of his “That’s Good Mustard” BBQ Sauce. Details can be found on his website. This contest ends today, so enter now!
- Larry Gaian from The BBQ Grail is giving away a $30 gift certificate courtesy of the National Pork Board. You can find out how to enter this contest on Larry’s blog. This contest ends at midnight PST on March 27.
I just got information on this contest via email and thought you may be interested…