Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers and fathers-to-be out there! It’s a late night “Best Of” post for this week since my wife and I just returned home from the beach about 2 hours ago. Let’s see what happened this week… Continue reading “Best Of: June 12-19”
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! While you are all out firing up your grills, smokers, or outdoor cookers, check out these few links that made this week’s “Best Of” cut: Continue reading “Best Of: May 22-29”
My apologies for not posting this last Sunday. I had to work, and I posted a restaurant review instead. Let’s see what the past week had to offer us… Continue reading “Best Of: May 15-22”
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time once again for this week’s “Best Of” in the world of BBQ and food!
- What do you get when you combine bourbon and ice cream? You get Hanneke Eerden (of The Dutchess Cooks) whipping up another dessert creation! Now I’m craving ice cream!
- The guys at Epic Meal Time are at it again. Three words: fast food lasagna.
- Larry at the BBQ Grail brings us spam sushi! Yes, I said it. Spam. Sushi.
- Finally, if you’re a fan of Pork Barrel BBQ sauce and live in the Mid-Atlantic region (Virginia/Maryland), you’re in luck! Pork Barrel BBQ sauce is now being sold in Costco stores in that region. Find out more details here.
For your entertainment pleasure, here are the “Best Of” articles for this week!
- Think sending flowers is just so cliche? Take it one step further and check out how to give that special someone you love a bouquet of bacon roses! (Article courtesy of Instructables)
- Ever wonder what BBQ joints make the “must-visit’ list of some of the world’s top pitmasters? Kevin Kelly of Kevin’s BBQ Joints gets the scoop on the must-visit BBQ joints according to Danielle Dimovsky (of DivaQ fame).
- And continuing along with Kevin’s BBQ Joints… Kevin is running another contest. This one has lots of goodies being given away courtesy of Meyer’s Elgin Smokehouse in Elgin, TX. Check it out!
- And in not-BBQ-related news, internet superstar Antoine Dodson was jailed on marijuana possession charges.
So yeah… I promise I’ll make a better attempt at doing my weekly “Best Of” posts. I’ve been battling a health issue that has been a nuisance. So without further delay, here are the posts I proudly deem the “Best Of” for this past week: Continue reading “Best Of: April 11-17”
After a long hiatus, the “Best Of” has made its return. I know you all missed it terribly (*grin*). So without a further ado, here’s this week’s “Best Of”: Continue reading “This Week’s “Best Of””
I hope this list will give you at least a few minutes of entertainment value.
- Sex on the Beach with a Chicken? Say no more!
- Mad scientist and BBQ Saucier Tom Porter tells us how, with a wave of his hand, he turned tacos into jalapeño poppers.
- Larry Gaian of The BBQ Grail gives us a sneak peek into the BBQ Backyard, a new social network geared specifically towards the BBQ community.
- Next year for Valentine’s Day, do something a little different for your special someone than the usual stuff. For instance, Danielle Dimovski of DivaQ tells us about herValentine’s Meat Cake. *drool*
Hope your weekend has gone well! Here are items that made my list of “stuff to read from last week”:
- Wilfred Reinke tells us about his experience at Southern Soul Barbecue (and makes quite a few of us jealous in the process).
- The owners of Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby, NC, extended an invitation to the Obamas for some BBQ. If the place is as good as advertised, the Obamas should take them up on the invitation.
- The Cookstons list out the Top 10 Reasons to Cook Competitively. Can’t argue with any of their reasons.
- Don’t forget to vote for my buddy Lionel in the Kingsford University contest. Info can be found here.
- And finally… guys, watch the video below for tips on what you can do for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.
Here are some articles/links I highly recommend checking out:
- My good friends at C-Dubs BBQ Rub just got their new toy. Check out their first adventures with their smoker here and here.
- Yazoo’s Delta Q gives the skinny on the fattie here.
- BBQ and grilling expert Cyndi Allison explains in this post why the Obamas should travel a little further in either direction past Charlotte on I-85 for good BBQ when the Democratic National Convention comes to Charlotte in 2012.
- Don’t forget about the free giveaway of some awesome BBQ Gear by Southern Soul BBQ being brought to you by Kevin’s BBQ Joints. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
- And, oh yeah… there’s a football game on Sunday night.