First off, to everyone who sent out thoughts and prayers for my mother as she had a very major surgery… I give my heartfelt thanks and gratitude. Her surgery was successful, and after a week’s stay in the hospital, she is finally back at home. It’s going to be a long recovery for her, but I know that she has the will to persevere.
Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s a quick recap of some items from this past week that you may be interested in checking out.
- I’m super stoked that a good friend of mine will be making her debut on the Today Show! Robyn Medlin Lindars (you all know her from GrillGrrrl.com) will be on the show on Tuesday, July 29th during the 8pm hour. And to celebrate, she’s giving away a 22 1/2″ Weber kettle grill.
- Speaking of contests and giveaways, Shane at Draper’s BBQ is giving away a really awesome prize package consisting of a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Thermoworks ChefAlarm, Pap’s Beef Sticks, Draper’s BBQ sauce/rub, and an embroidered Draper’s BBQ team hat! The contest starts on the 25th at 5:30pm EST. You can find more details about the contest on the Draper’s BBQ website.
- Who remembers the Kickstarter campaign for The Great NC BBQ Map? Well they made their goal, and the maps are being printed as we speak. Kickstarter backers should start getting their goodies next week.
- Come out to the WNC BBQ Festival — also known as “Smokin’ in the Valley” — this weekend in Maggie Valley, NC. There’s a good chance you’ll see me there judging!
- Finally, I’m taking part in a contest courtesy of El Diablo Mustards and World Harbors Marinades and submitted pictures to their respective Facebook walls of some tasty pork I cooked up on a camping trip. If one of my pictures racks up the most likes, I’ll win $1,000 for the local food bank here in Charlotte (Second Harvest Food Bank). For those of you with Facebook account, you can go here and here to view the pictures I posted. Don’t forget to click “Like” on each of them! You can read more about the contest here.
It’s been a while since I’ve put together a blog post. My wife reminded me that it had been 6 weeks. Wow… things got busy here! For starters, we are now the proud owners of a new travel trailer — a 23′ Keystone Passport ultra-lite. Nice and cozy… just the right size for the two of us and the two dogs.
I’ll keep this blog post brief. Today’s “Five for Friday” blog post is going to be five of my favorite Instagram photos from this week. If you aren’t following these people on Instagram, you should!
There hasn’t been as much going on here on the blog lately, and for that I apologize. It’s really funny how life gets in the way. But one side benefit of being busy — getting the opportunity to try some new BBQ joints! So without further delay, let’s check ’em out! Continue reading “Five for Friday — Five (Plus One) BBQ Joints I’ve Visited Recently”
Happy Friday! Memphis in May has come and gone, and once again it was all that I would thought it would be and then some! Seeing old friends, making new ones, eating some righteous BBQ… you can’t go wrong with that!! Here are five (plus a few more) of my personal favorite pictures from Memphis in May!
Memorial Day traditionally marks the beginning of grilling season (even though we all know that it begins January 1st and ends on December 31st). To celebrate the holiday, Destination America will be chock full of BBQ and grilling television for your entertainment value!
Episode 2 of this season of BBQ Pitmasters turns to the Lone Star State for its next set of contestants. Three Texas BBQ teams from different regions of the state battle for BBQ supremacy. Who comes out on top? Read on for more…
The weekend is upon us! Before coasting into the weekend and firing up the grill or smoker, check out these five things you may have missed earlier this week: Continue reading “Five for Friday: Five Things You May Have Missed This Week”