Happy Friday the 13th! As you deal with your paraskevidekatriaphobia and avoid black cats and walking under ladders, here are five links to carry you through the weekend! Continue reading
At Memphis in May this past year, I had the opportunity to meet Ken Haviland, president of the Real Canadian Bacon Company. He was kind enough to send me samples of his product (peameal bacon) for review. My intent was to give them a thorough review right before Christmas. However, I was not able to get to it due to unforeseen circumstances. I was sent a variety of slices (or shingles), bone-in chops, and a whole roast. I have tried the slices and the chops, and let me tell you… DELICIOUS!!
It’s the #1 tool that I would recommend putting on your Christmas list if you don’t have one already. And if you have one already, I’d say get a second one for that special someone in your life. What is it? The Thermapen instant-read thermometer, of course!
It’s finally Friday again!! And here are five more articles / tidbits for your reading pleasure:
It’s been way too long since I’ve done a Five for Friday. So let’s get going! Here are five things that may interest you:
- If you’re going to be in Dallas, TX this weekend, you may want to check out Dia de los Puercos on Sunday afternoon. Sam Jones of Skylight Inn is bringing whole hog to beef country!
- Need a gift to send to that NC BBQ lover? Why not send them a North Carolina Barbecue Box from N.C. Made!?
- While this wasn’t from this week (it was from a month ago, in fact), here’s a very good op-ed piece from Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly about why Wendy’s “BBQ pulled pork” sandwich is making kittens cry.
- While I was judging at the Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship, Monk from the Barbecue Bros. was out and about at the festival. Check out the pics!
- And finally, it’s not BBQ-related (sort of), but this may have been the best picture from the 2014 World Series… Continue reading
Selections have been announced today for the 2014 Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue. This competition, affectionately known as “The Jack”, is an invitation-only contest that pits championship BBQ teams against one another on the grounds of the Jack Daniels distillery (“The Hollow”) in a cook-off to determine BBQ supremacy.