Happy 2017! We’re a month and change into the new year, and there already appears to be much going on in the world of grilling, BBQ, and all things related. Personally, it has been an eventful year so far! We’re slowly making our way west, so keep checking in to see where we are! Here are some things (more than five) that you may be interested in checking out:
- The new year isn’t starting so hot for RTIC Coolers, with a binding settlement being reached in a lawsuit between them and YETI coolers. RTIC will be forking over some cash to YETI and discontinuing sales of all products brought up in the lawsuit.
- I love my bacon. Like, really love it! And it makes me sad to hear that bacon reserves are at a 50-year low.
- The Pitmaster Ed Mitchell is back at it again! His new food truck — Ed Mitchell’s Q On Wheels — is debuting today. Let’s hope this does better than some of his other business ventures.
- Kingsford unveiled it’s Amazon Dash button early last week. For the truly time-efficient, one push will send Kingsford blue to your door. Frankly, you can find better deals…
- And in sad news on the competition BBQ front, the Blue Ridge BBQ and Music Festival announced last week that the event is cancelled for 2017.
- ThermoWorks is having an open-box sale on their Thermapen Mk4. Normally $99, these are going for $76! (NOTE: this is an affiliate link, and if you purchase through the link I will make a commission. Regardless, I am a super fan of all things ThermoWorks!)
Enjoy your weekend! Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below!