Greetings from some corn field in the middle of Iowa! As we make our way west, here are some tidbits to keep you entertained throughout the weekend:
- Here’s an interesting article on First We Feast about 7 Dirty Truths of BBQ. The part about competition BBQ is a little sensationalized to me, but the other items are perfectly valid points.
- Jarlsberg cheese is running a contest on their Facebook page — giving away a grill every week between now and the end of August.
- My wife and I got to go to Smokey D’s BBQ in Des Moines, IA last night. It was legit!! Review coming soon, but in the meantime…
- There’s a beer/BBQ/music festival coming to Charlotte September 18-19. For more info, check out http://www.southernsauceclt.com/.
- Finally, check out this book review by the Barbecue Bros.: The 100 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America by Johnny Fugitt.
Also, if you’re interested in keeping up with our travel so far, you can check out our whereabouts here.