Happy Friday once again! If you were caught in the winter storm that hit this week, hopefully the thawing out process has begun. If not, here are five things to check out while you stay in and keep warm:
- Serious Eats published an article about BBQ (and by BBQ, they mean grilling) and beer pairings. This isn’t your average Miller Lite with pulled pork.
- And continuing on with the phenomenon that is lists on the intarwebs, Southern Living published a list of 10 must-visit BBQ joints in the Carolinas. All but 3 are in the Old North State — sorry, Sandlappers.
- In a tale that seems to be too often heard, an Ed Mitchell barbecue joint has closed doors. Ed Mitchell’s Que (located on Durham’s American Tobacco Campus) has shuttered its doors due to inadequate space for private dining and corporate events.
- Yet another cooking reality show is now casting.
- And finally, there’s another review of the Thermoworks Timestick Trio out. This review is courtesy of Jay Prince at BBQ Sauce Reviews.