The weekend is upon us! Before coasting into the weekend and firing up the grill or smoker, check out these five things you may have missed earlier this week:
- Memphis in May is coming up very soon! The best experience is when you are a member of a team. But if you’re not, there’s no need to worry. Check out these tips from Too Sauced to Pork on what to do if you’re planning to visit and are not on a team.
- The featured pitmasters for the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party have been announced. North and South Carolina will be well-represented there, with 2 pitmasters from each state showing off their BBQ fares.
- The California National Guard calls up their reserve troops for deployment around Father’s day each year. A good friend of mine, in conjunction with the BBQ Brethren, is planning to send off the troops with some killer BBQ cooked by some of the best BBQ cooks in California. And you can help out with this cause!
- Oh yeah, there’s a little show that made its season premier last week. You may have heard about it… it’s called BBQ Pitmasters. This week, three teams from Texas go head-to-head-to-head to see who will move on in the tournament. Here’s a clip from Destination America showing a sneak peek of how each team is prepping their brisket.
- Finally, don’t forget that I’m giving away a copy of “Grill to Perfection”! I didn’t put a ending date on the contest, so I’ll let it run through this weekend!