It’s time for another Five for Friday. In this edition, I’ll be hitting on five different things you may have missed this week in the world of BBQ, grilling, and other things interesting. So no more wasting time!
- Traveling to the NBBQA conference or to SXSW? Check out Amy Mill’s Ultimate Austin Guide!
- SC BBQ legend and controversial figure Maurice Bessinger died this week at the age of 83. The State and The Southern Foodways Alliance have takes on this event.
- This week, The Great NC BBQ Map launched their Kickstarter campaign. Here’s my blurb about it, and here’s a link to their website.
- Team applications for Memphis in May 2014 are due soon. They have to be postmarked or hand-delivered by March 3rd.
- After a lengthy delay, legendary NC BBQ pitmaster Ed Mitchell is shooting for an April 1 opening for Que in Durham, NC. Who in/around Charlotte can I convince to go for a road trip?
Let me know if there’s anything that you’d like to see in a Five for Friday post!