Think you have what it takes to be a true master of the grill? Think you have all of the skills to master the flame? Think you have the chops to turn out perfect chops, burgers, and steaks? Well now is your chance to prove it. McCormick® has partnered with Food Network for a contest to find the Grill Mayor of 2012.
What’s In It For Me?
Being declared the Grill Mayor of 2012 certainly has a lot of perks! The lucky grill master declared the Grill Mayor of 2012 will receive the following:
- A trip for the winner and a guest to New York City. This trip includes airfare, ground transportation, and first-class accommodations.
- $100 Food Network Store gift card
- A Food Network Grilling cookbook
- Insider access tour of the Food Network kitchens in New York City
- Two VIP access passes to a premier New York City BBQ Festival
- Dinner for 2 at a Food Network chef’s restaurant in New York City
- A year’s supply of Grill Mates® products
- Omaha Steaks® Gift Pack
How Do I Enter?
Entering is simple! Go to http://www.foodnetwork.com/grillmayor to enter. With your entry, submit your best tip or piece of advice for grilling (in 100 words or less) along with picture that demonstrates your tip. But don’t delay – the deadline for submissions for this contest is on July 31, 2012 at 4:59pm EST. And I apologize to all of you younger grill masters or international masters of the flame, but this contest is open to legal residents of the United States that are 21 years of age and older.
Need Some Inspiration?
Do you need a recipe to try out your grill tip? Check out this simple yet tasty recipe for Grilled Montreal Steak courtesy of McCormick®. And for more recipes, tips, and advice, don’t forget to check out the McCormick® Grill Mates® Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/GrillMates.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-16 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
- 2 lbs. sirloin or New York Strip steaks
- 2 tbsp. McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Coat both sides of the steaks with the olive oil. Generously season steaks with McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Grill steaks over medium-high heat for up to 5-8 minutes per side, until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Once steaks have finished cooking, remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
If you’re looking to take that extra step, turn your juicy steaks into a tasty grilled steak salad. Toss 6 cups of your favorite salad greens, 1 sliced red tomato, 1 sliced red onion, and ½ cucumber (peeled and sliced). Slice steak thinly against the grain and serve on top of salad with your choice of salad dressing on the side.
(Disclaimer: this post is sponsored as part of a partnership with McCormick® Seasonings)