Last week, the rules for the Unofficially Official BBQ Pitmasters Drinking Game were announced in time for the third episode of the current season. As you may know already, the first five episodes will feature 15 BBQ pitmasters (that’s three per episode) competing at various BBQ festivals throughout the country for a spot in the winner-take-all season finale. The winner of the finale receives $50,000, an invitation to the Kingsford Invitational, and the coveted title of Kingsford BBQ Pitmasters Grand Champion. Three of the most well-known BBQ personalities are serving as judges for this season – Myron Mixon of Jack’s Old South, Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke, and Aaron Franklin of Franklin Barbecue.
As you may recall, the rules for the game are as follows:
- If you spot a product that you know, even though the brand is covered up, take a drink.
- Every time Myron Mixon swears, take a drink.
- Take a drink every time there is trash talking.
- Take another drink if the trash talking is between judges.
- If a judge finishes all of his sample for judging, take a drink.
- If an entry gets trashed by the judges, take 2 drinks.
- Episodes may have their own special rules that apply just for that episode.
The following rules will be added from this point forward:
- See a contestant using “squeeze butter”? Drink. (Author’s edit: quoting “squeeze butter” because we all know it’s nowhere near butter… not even close to margarine. Thanks, Meathead!)
- Each mention of injecting = drink.
Now for the tally… I tallied up 17 drinks from the Georgia episode. I had previously written down how the tally came about, but I lost my notes. I do remember that none of the entries were completely finished, but that three of the entries were trashed by the judges. Also, there was sufficient swearing thanks to Myron and a good bit of trash talking.
I had the chance to take a sneak peek at this week’s episode, and it should be a good one. Fans of the first season of BBQ Pitmasters will recognize one of the contestants for this week. Don’t forget to tune in at 9pm EST on Destination America (formerly Planet Green) for BBQ Pitmasters. Want to play along in the drinking game? If you’re on Twitter, use the hashtag #BBQPitmastersDrinkingGame.