If there is anything that is a natural fit to be paired with BBQ, it’s beer. Beer and BBQ. The stuff that many festivals throughout the country are made of. This perfect combination of food and beverage is the basis for the Unofficially Official BBQ Pitmasters Drinking Game!
The idea came about as a result of brainstorming between myself and Shane Draper of Draper’s BBQ. It’s one of those things that we thought would be fun. Now you have more of a vested interest in watching BBQ Pitmasters on Sundays!
Below are the initial rules for the game:
- If you spot a product that you know, even though the brand is covered up, take a drink.
- Every time Myron Mixon swears, take a drink.
- Take a drink every time there is trash talking.
- Take another drink if the trash talking is between judges.
- If a judge finishes all of his sample for judging, take a drink.
- If an entry gets trashed by the judges, take 2 drinks.
- Episodes may have their own special rules that apply just for that episode.
Here’s the problem: we need a couple more of really good rules. So this is where you come in. Submit your best ideas for a rule in the Unofficially Official BBQ Pitmasters Drinking Game. The best ideas will be added to the official rule list, with full credit given to the originator of the idea. You can submit your ideas in many different ways:
- Post it in the comment section below.
- By email at [email protected].
- Post it on the Facebook Page for Big Wayner’s BBQ Blog.
- Post it on Twitter. Make sure to include @brownkw in your tweet as well as the hashtag #BBQPitmastersDrinkingGame.
Remember, this is only a game. Keep it fun, and drink responsibly. If you are doing this away from your home, please have a designated driver and do not drive while intoxicated. Thank you!